Sarong Silk Batik:
Composed of 100% premium silk, this pliable sarong can be worn in a variety of ways. Featuring hand-printed Batik designs, the borders line the two narrow sides. A tin block is used to apply wax onto the fabric of the pongee, which is laid out on a workbench. Once the wax is applied, the fabric is painted with one color in various shades; the wax prevents any other color from entering the fabric. The effect is soft and ethereal — a fitting title for the technique, which is called Foggy. The foggy technique creates a muted and subtle pattern, making it appropriate for any occasion. Its breathable fabric is light and comfortable for a luxurious feel.
|114cm / 44in
|175cm / 69in
- Rectangle pareo with border printed on each smaller side.
- Finishing: zig-zag sewing.
- Packing: rolled & attached with a matching ribbon.
- A booklet showing different ways to wear a pareo is included.
Fabric & Care
- 100% pure silk extra soft.
- Printed batik by hand.
- Washing: by hand or dry clean, no soaking
- Steamed iron or steamer
In the parcel you receive, you will find:
- 1 sarong rolled and tied with a ribbon ending with beads
- a tag with washing instructions for batik items
- a booklet with many ways to wear the sarong
*Remark: All batik are unique as they are done by hand. For that reason, a slight difference in print & color may occur.